SpiritFest 2020 In Person
August 30 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
SpiritFest 2020 is a go! Our annual outdoor celebration of community is scheduled for August 30th. We are excited to provide this opportunity for our church members to see each other in person. To ensure that SpiritFest is as safe as possible for all who attend, we will be implementing the safety rules and procedures outlined below. For planning purposes, all households that wish to attend must complete this interest form by August 9. Spots may be limited by park district regulations, so completing the form may not guarantee you a spot at the service.
SpiritFest 2020 Safety Rules and Procedures
Understand that ALL in-person events entail some risk of exposure to the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The service will be recorded and posted for later viewing by those who do not feel comfortable attending in person. All SpiritFest 2020 attendees and participants over the age of 2 must wear face masks for the duration of the service.
- Household units must maintain a six-foot distance from each other, and should bring their own chairs/blankets to sit on.
- Children must remain with their parents at all times.
- There will be no congregational singing or group unison prayers.
- There will be no potluck after the service.
- The church building, including restrooms, will not be available. The park restrooms will be open and available. Bring your own water, as no water fountains will be operational.
- Please refrain from all physical contact – no hugs, handshakes, fist bumps, elbow taps, etc.
- Attendees must enter the seating area from the north side of the park (see map below) and wait for an usher to direct them to a designated spot. Seating will likely be a somewhat slow process, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and maintain a six-foot social distance if waiting in line.
Although this will be a SpiritFest unlike any we’ve done in the past (and hopefully unlike any to be done in the future!), we look forward to experiencing the joyful spirit that remains eternally present.